Direct Deposit Request (worksheet T1-DD)

Entering this Amount

Start direct deposit or change your bank information

You do not need to complete Form T1-DD or enter any information into TurboTax if:
  • you already use the direct deposit service and your banking information has not changed;
  • your banking information has changed but you already notified the CRA of changes (e.g., using My Account).

Your direct deposit request stays in effect until you change the information or cancel the service.

To set up direct deposit for the first time, or to notifiy the CRA of changes to your your banking information, follow the steps below.
Note: You cannot NETFILE a return that has new or changed direct deposit information.
  1. In the Review section of the Interview, enter your banking information in the Direct Deposit Request screens.

    (These screens only appear if you are receiving a refund greater than two dollars.)

  2. Double-click in the Direct Deposit section of the T1 General form to open form T1-DD.
  3. In the Income tax refund and GST/HST credit payments section of form T1-DD, click the checkbox to start or change direct deposit service.
  4. Enter your banking information in boxes 460, 461, and 462.
  5. If you are eligible for the CCTB and UCCB, indicate at lines 463 (CCTB) and 491 (UCCB) whether these payments should be deposited into the same or different accounts from your tax refund and GST credit.
  6. If you chose to deposit these payments to different accounts, enter the new banking information in boxes 471 to 473 (CCTB) and 493 to 495 (UCCB).

Where to find your direct deposit information

The Canada Revenue Agency says...

General Income Tax and Benefit Guide

You can have your income tax refund, as well as your goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, (including those from certain related provincial payments), Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) payments, Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) payments (including those from certain related provincial or territorial programs), and Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) advance payments and any other deemed overpayment of tax to which you are entitled or to which you may become entitled deposited directly into your account at a financial institution in Canada.

To start direct deposit, or to change information you already gave us, complete the "Direct deposit - Start or change" section on page 4 of your return. You do not have to complete this area if you already have direct deposit service and the information you already gave us has not changed. Your direct deposit request will stay in effect until you change the information or cancel the service.

You can also go to to start, update, or stop your direct deposit information.

If you want your CCTB and/or UCCB payments deposited into a different account, you will have to send us, either with your paper return or separately, a completed Form T1-DD(1), Direct Deposit Request - Individuals.

If you are changing the account into which we deposit a payment, do not close the old account before we deposit the payment into the new account. If your financial institution advises us that you have a new account, we may deposit your payments into the new account.

If, for any reason, we cannot deposit a payment into your account, we will mail a cheque to you at the address we have on file.

If you need help to complete the direct deposit information, or to cancel the service for one or more of these payments, contact us.

Related information
GST/HST credit
Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) payments